Cinnamon coffee cake is a delicious cinnamon flavored coffee cake with a crumbly streusel topping. I do love baking sweet treats like the moist chocolate cake or coconut muffins, but there is something heavenly about the flavor of cinnamon in cakes. I finally got to bake this soft cinnamon coffee cake. It is not a coffee flavored cake, but rather is a mildly sweet cake that is best had with your tea or coffee for breakfast or as a snack.
This is a no-butter cake with the yogurt giving the cake a soft texture and the simple cinnamon topping gives the cake a lovely crunch to the cake. Do try this easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe.
Easy Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe
Easy Cinnamon Coffee Cake recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon powder in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, oil, vanilla and yogurt until smooth.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Do not overbeat the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8-inch pan.
- For the topping, in a small cup, mix the sugar and cinnamon powder together.
- Sprinkle the prepared topping evenly on the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cinnamon coffee cake on a wire rack and serve.