Kele ka raita recipe – a quick and easy banana raita with coconut. This is a sweet raita recipe made with ripe bananas and flavored with coconut. I always enjoy raitas as a side dish when serving up a spicy meal. Kele ka raita is a fruit based sweet raita. The bananas and coconut give a nice sweetness to the raita. The best part about this recipe is there is no cooking involved. It can be made in minutes and adds a sweet addition to your meal. This banana raita with coconut has a touch of cardamom flavor which perks up the dish.
It takes only a few minutes to make this raita. I have used fresh grated coconut here and powdered up cardamom seeds to give a nice flavor to the raita. Do not use too sour curds to make the raita. Fresh curds or yogurt work best for raitas. You will love this sweet fruity raita.
Yogurt aids digestion and is a great source of calcium while coconuts are a good source of iron and bananas are a good source of vitamin B6 and potassium. Lets move on to the recipe for simple banana raita with coconut.
Kele Ka Raita | Banana Raita with Coconut Recipe
- 1 cup thinly sliced ripe bananas / kela
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt / thick curd / dahi
- 4 tbsp fresh grated coconut
- 1 cardamom pod
- 2 tsp sugar (adjust as per taste)
- Slice the bananas into thin round slices and set aside.
- Take the yogurt in a medium-sized bowl and whisk well till there are no lumps and the yogurt is smooth.
- Remove the cardamom seeds from the cardamom pod and crush them with a mortar and pestle to a powder consistency.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder to the whisked yogurt and again whisk.
- Add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Finally add the sliced bananas and mix gently.
- Banana raita with coconut is ready to be served.
2. Use cardamom powder instead of freshly ground cardamom.
3. Adjust quantity of sugar as per taste.