This plantain recipe is a very easy to make side-dish that goes well with rice. You could have this with curd rice and it will taste yummy. This vegetable is widely used in South India.
Lets move on to the recipe for easy raw banana fry.
Raw Banana / Plantain Fry (Vazhakkai Varuval) Recipe
Vazhakkai Fry – Raw Banana Fry Recipe
- 1 raw banana (vazhakkai)
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- A few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Cut the plantain into 2 halves. Boil in water till it turns soft. Ensure that it does not become mushy.
- Once it gets cooled down, cut the banana into round slices.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and curry leaves and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the banana slices along with salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Close the pan with a lid and let it cook for a few minutes until all the masala gets coated on the plantain pieces.
- Remove the lid and fry for a few more minutes.
- Serve hot as a side-dish for rice.