Here is a quick and easy Indian style carrot salad recipe. This is a warm carrot salad using grated carrots that makes for a good accompaniment to a meal. Salads are one of the most healthy ways to eat vegetables and fruits. I must confess that salads are not usually part of my meals.
But I realize that they can be such a healthy addition to a meal. We don’t have to keep cooking the veggies which usually reduces their nutritional value. Just like this carrot salad which went so well as a side dish for dal-rice combination that I prepared for lunch. Another salad that is equally easy to make is khamang kakdi salad.
This carrot salad recipe is so easy that you can make it in minutes. Grating carrots is the only preparation that is needed for this recipe. The grated carrots are seasoned with mustard seeds and chillies. Freshly squeezed lemon juice gives the zest to this salad. This is a colorful salad too with the orange carrots interspersed with green cilantro leaves.
Carrots are rich in vitamin A and also a good source of dietary fiber. Lets move on to the recipe for easy carrot salad.
Carrot Salad | Gajar Ka Salad Recipe
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1-2 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves / cilantro
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Peel the carrots and grate them.
- Roughly chop the green chillies. Finely chop the green coriander leaves.
- Freshly squeeze the juice from lemon.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds splutter, add chopped green chillies. Then add grated carrots.
- Saute for 5-6 seconds and remove from heat.
- Add salt and mix in finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Finally, add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and mix well.
- Carrot salad is ready to be served.
2. Add lemon juice as per your taste.