Grape raita recipe – a simple and quick yogurt based condiment with grapes. This grape raita has green and black grapes with yogurt and spices. Raitas are one of my favorite accompaniments to a spicy meal. They are all the more perfect to finish off a meal especially in hot summer days. My favorite raitas are the fruit raitas like the mango mint raita and banana raita. I had some green and black grapes and tried out this grape raita that is a mix of sweet and savory.
This grape raita is very easy to make. I used sweet seedless black and green grapes.
The recipe is very simple. Yogurt is first whisked. The spices are added to the whisked yogurt and mixed. Finally the chopped fresh mint and grapes are added. Refrigerate the raita and serve chilled. You can have this grape raita as a healthy snack too. Lets move on to the recipe for easy grape raita.
- 1/2 cup seedless black grapes / kale angoor
- 1/4 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt / thick curd / dahi
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder adjust as per taste)
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder / jeera powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves / pudina
- Salt to taste
- Roughly chop the grapes.
- Whisk the yogurt with salt till it is smooth.
- Add sugar, cumin powder and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Finally add the chopped mint and mix well.
- Refrigerate the grape raita and serve chilled.
2. This grape raita tastes best when chilled.