Hot fudge cake recipe is a quick and delicious warm chocolate cake with a hot fudge sauce. I have to say it is a dangerous dessert recipe, dangerous because it is ridiculously easy to prepare and one of the quickest that you can whip up in just 10 minutes.
If you love chocolate desserts, this dessert is a two-way treat, because it is a chocolate cake with a gooey hot fudge sauce that gets cooked along with the cake.
And the best part is you don’t need an electric beater or hand blender or basically any of those complicated kitchen equipments.
When you want to whip up a quick chocolate dessert when you have guests dropping in or even when in the mood for eating something sweet, serve this warm fudge cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, which is optional.
Easy Hot Fudge Cake / Eggless Hot Fudge Cake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-3/4 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 175 deg C / 350 F.
- Take flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tbsp cocoa powder and mix well.
- Stir in milk, vanilla and oil till it becomes a smooth mixture.
- In an ungreased 9 inch square baking pan, spread the prepared batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle it over the batter.
- Pour hot water on top, do not stir.
- Bake at 175 deg C for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm. Can be served with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top.