It was a long time since I baked cookies and was in the mood to try out some new cookie recipe. I chanced upon this oats and dates cookies recipe and decided to try it out. It is a healthy cookie recipe that is eggless and butterless.
The recipe called for brown sugar but I had only the normal white sugar and used it instead.
These cookies are very filling and can serve as energy bites as they contain both oats and dates.
Healthy Eggless Oats and Dates Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup instant oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dates
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil / olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C ( 375 F ).
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Add the milk in little quantities and knead to form a dough.
- Make small balls of the dough and slightly flatten them with a fork.
- Arrange them on a baking tray lined with greased butter paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake for around 18-20 minutes.
- Cool and store the eggless oats and dates cookies in an air-tight container.