Carrot paneer sandwich recipe is an easy sandwich using carrots and crumbled paneer. This healthy sandwich can be a great breakfast option to start off your day. Loaded with proteins from paneer / cottage cheese and vitamin A from carrots, this is a nutritious sandwich recipe.
Its very quick to prepare and tastes delicious. I have used white bread here but feel free to use whole wheat bread or brown bread to make it even more healthy. Also check out paneer spinach sandwich which is another healthy sandwich recipe. So if you have some store bought or homemade paneer, do try this carrot paneer sandwich recipe.
Carrot paneer sandwich recipe
- 6 bread slices
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup crumbled paneer / cottage cheese
- 1 tomato medium sized
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- Black pepper powder to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Grate carrots. Finely chop tomatoes.
- Crumble or grate the paneer and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds.
- When cumin seeds crackle, add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook tomatoes for a couple of minutes till it becomes slightly mashed.
- Add grated carrots and crumbled paneer along with salt.
- Fry for a minute till it gets blended with the tomatoes.
- Then add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Finally add black pepper powder and stir.
- Remove from heat and keep this carrot and paneer filling aside.
- Meanwhile toast the bread slices on a tava / griddle using butter.
- Take a generous portion of the prepared carrot paneer filling and spread it on one side of a toasted bread slice.
- Cover with another slice.
- Repeat for other bread slices. I have cut the bread slices into triangles.
- Carrot paneer sandwich is now ready to be served for breakfast or as a snack.