Paneer spinach sandwich is a healthy sandwich prepared with spinach leaves and cottage cheese. When one sees the combination of paneer and palak, the dish that instantly comes to mind is the ever popular North Indian dish palak paneer.
I settled on preparing this recipe, but one look at the bread slices and my mind changed and I made this yummy paneer and palak sandwich.
For other sandwich recipes do check out
This is a protein and iron packed nutritious recipe as palak leaves are rich in iron and paneer is rich in proteins. Have this simple and tasty sandwich for breakfast or as a healthy tea time snack.
Paneer Spinach Sandwich | Palak Paneer Sandwich Recipe
Paneer Spinach Sandwich – Palak Paneer Sandwich recipe
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 cup chopped spinach ( palak leaves )
- 1 cup grated paneer ( cottage cheese )
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 green capsicum ( bell pepper / shimla mirch )
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper ( to taste )
- A few coriander leaves
- 2 tsp oil
- Butter for toasting bread
- Chop onion, garlic and bell pepper finely.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and saute it till onions turn soft.
- Then add chopped capsicum and fry it for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach, along with a little water and let this cook till the spinach is done.
- Add grated paneer, chopped coriander leaves, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Keep this filling aside.
- Butter the sides of the bread.
- Place a little of the filling prepared above on a bread slice and cover it with another bread slice.
- Grill it or toast it on the stove top.
- Serve paneer spinach sandwich for breakfast or snack with a fresh juice to go with it!