Pesarattu recipe is moong dal crepes that is a delicacy from Andhra Pradesh. These nutritious dosas are served for breakfast or as snacks.
They are packed with nutrition and are easy to prepare.
MLA Pesarattu is pesarattu that is served with upma and this is popular in the coastal regions of Andhra Pradesh.
Pesarattu is typically served with allam pachadi which is ginger chutney.
I have served these dosas with coconut chutney here. Here is the easy recipe for nutritious pesarattu.
Pesarattu | Moong Dal Dosa | Whole Green Gram Crepe Recipe
- 1 cup whole green gram dal / pachai payaru
- handful of raw rice
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 2 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak green gram and rice in water overnight or for around 6-7 hours.
- The next day, drain the water and wash the dal-rice mixture again.
- Grind this along with salt, chopped ginger and chopped green chillies till you get a batter of dosa consistency.
- Heat a tava or griddle and pour a ladle of the batter and spread it like a thin dosa. Pour a little oil around the sides.
- Let it cook on medium flame till the dosa gets roasted on one side.
- Then flip over to the other side and cook it for a few more minutes.
- Serve pesarattu hot with coconut or ginger chutney.