Green chutney for chaat is an easy chutney recipe best served with chaats. The tangy green chutney also called as hari chutney is prepared using fresh coriander and mint leaves.
Chaats are a popular Indian street food. They are almost always served with a generous amount of green chutney and a sweet chutney which give a good mix of flavors to chaats.
Don’t skip the lemon juice in this recipe as it helps the chutney retain its green color. The best part of this chutney is that it stays good for a week when refrigerated.
I had prepared this green chutney and used it for bread dahi chaat. When you have some fresh mint and coriander leaves, do try this easy and simple green chutney recipe.
Green Chutney for Chaat Recipe
Green Chutney for Chaat recipe
- 2 cups fresh coriander leaves / cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 green chillies
- Kala namak / black salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pick coriander leaves and mint leaves and wash thoroughly.
- Chop green chillies.
- Blend all the ingredients together to a smooth paste by adding little water.
- Green chutney is ready to be served with chaats or any snacks.
- If planning to use later, store the green chutney in an airtight container and refrigerate.