Egg kurma is a simple delicious boiled egg curry in a coconut gravy. This is a South Indian preparation that is easy to prepare.
Egg kurma is a versatile dish. You can have it as a side dish for chapatis or dosas or appams. You could also serve it with ghee rice or pulao. Anyway you serve it, it tastes yummy.
So go ahead and try this recipe with protein-rich eggs!
Egg Korma | Egg Kurma Recipe
Egg Korma recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chillies
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds / sombu
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Boil the eggs, remove shells, make slits on the eggs and keep aside.
- Chop onions and tomatoes finely.
- Grind grated coconut, fennel seeds and coriander leaves to a fine paste, adding little water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cinnamon, cloves and cumin seeds and saute.
- Then add chopped onions, slit green chillies and ginger-garlic paste.
- Fry till the onions turn light brown.
- Now add chopped tomatoes along with salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Fry till the raw smell of tomatoes goes.
- Add a cup of water and bring the gravy to a boil.
- Finally add the ground coconut paste and boiled eggs and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Egg kurma is ready to be served.