Amla juice / gooseberry juice recipe – refreshing and healthy juice using Indian gooseberry or amla. This amla juice recipe has the goodness of amla along with a few ingredients to make for a healthy drink. In this recipe, gooseberries are blended with a few simple ingredients and the result is a healthy and delicious amla or nellikai juice. There is no refined sugar added and the juice is instead sweetened with honey.
Gooseberry, a light greenish yellow fruit is very nutritious. Basicially, it has a sour, bitter and astringent taste with a sweet aftertaste. At first, I tried making this juice using only gooseberries and honey. Although honey goes well with this fruit, I found the taste not too great. So the next time I made the juice, I added ginger and fresh mint along with honey and lemon juice and the result was this delicious amla juice. I feel that it tastes great when chilled, especially for hot summers. But for monsoon or winter seasons, I think it is better to be served at room temperature.
For other healthy drinks recipes do check out
This humble fruit, gooseberry, has many health benefits. It has a very high content of Vitamin C and also helps to boost immunity. It helps to remove toxins from the body. Besides this, amla oil made from gooseberries, is great for hair growth. Amla fruit is indeed great for digestion too. Lets move on to the recipe for easy amla juice.
Amla Juice | Indian Gooseberry Juice Recipe
Amla Juice ( Indian Gooseberry Juice ) recipe
- 2 amlas / Indian gooseberries / nellikai
- 2 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves / pudina
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger / adrak
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp honey
- Wash the gooseberries and finely chop them, discarding the seed.
- Then peel and finely chop fresh ginger.
- Next, wash and finely chop mint leaves.
- Take the chopped gooseberries in a mixer jar or blender. Add chopped mint leaves and chopped ginger along with 1/4 cup water and blend to a pulp.
- Pass the gooseberry pulp through a fine sieve, pressing the pulp with a spoon to extract the juice, in a bowl. Discard the pulp.
- Finally add freshly squeezed lemon juice and honey along with the remaining water to the extracted gooseberry juice. Use chilled water or ice cubes, if required.
- Stir the juice well.
- Amla juice is now ready to be served.