Egg masala recipeis a simple Indian dry curry of boiled eggs.
I love eggs for the simple reason that they can be prepared quickly and are totally versatile.
You could prepare an egg drop masala curry which is a poached egg curry, a cauliflower mutta thoran where eggs are paired with cauliflower or an egg kurma where eggs are cooked in a coconut gravy, the list is endless.
Coming to this recipe, it is a very simple one where boiled eggs are coated with a spiced onion-tomato mixture.
A dish that can be prepared quickly, you could serve it as a side dish for rice or rotis.
Egg Masala Recipe
Egg Masala recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion medium-sized
- 3 small tomatoes
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- A few curry leaves
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Boil the eggs, remove their shells and slice them into quarters.
- Chop onions and tomatoes finely.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds splutter, add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Once cumin seeds crackle, add chopped onions.
- Saute till onions turn golden brown.
- Then add ginger paste and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes along with salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and cumin powder.
- Fry till tomatoes are mashed. Add 1/4 cup water and cook till the gravy thickens.
- Now sprinkle garam masala powder and mix well.
- Finally add the sliced eggs and gently stir the curry. Cook for a minute and remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Egg masala is now ready to be served hot as a side dish for rice or rotis.