Egg pepper fry / muttai milagu varuval – a simple and delicious South Indian style boiled eggs stir fry recipe. A quick side dish for steamed rice or pulao.
When I have fresh spinach and boile eggs available, I end up making a healthy palak egg curry.
For a quick side dish, I end up making this muttai milagu varuval. Black pepper along with some spices lend a nice flavor and texture to this stir fry. I love the simplicity of this dish as well as how delicious it tastes in spite of having just a few ingredients.
In this egg pepper masala, black pepper is freshly ground with a few spices. This ground masala makes this dish spicy as well as flavorful. Once you have the boiled eggs ready, its a breeze to make this recipe without much preparation.
Do try this simple and easy egg pepper fry recipe to go with pulao or steamed rice with dal / rasam / sambar.
Here are a few other egg recipes that you will love
Apart from enhancing the flavor of any dish, kali mirch or black pepper has many health benefits. It is a good source of iron and calcium. It also improves digestion. Eggs are a good source of protein as well as vitamn D. Lets move on to the recipe for easy egg pepper fry.
How to make Egg Pepper Fry Step by Step
- Firstly boil the eggs and remove the shells. Slice each of the boiled eggs into two halves and set this aside. Also grind the cumin seeds, fennel seeds and black peppercorns together slightly coarsely and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add asafoetida. Then add chopped onions and curry leaves.
- Saute till the onions turn brown on the edges and add the finely chopped garlic and saute for a minute.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder along with salt.
- Also add the freshly ground black pepper-fennel-cumin seeds mixture. Stir well.
- Add 4 tbsp water and mix. Now gently add the sliced eggs, keeping the sliced side of the eggs turned down.
- Let this cook on low heat till all the water dries up. Stir gently and remove from heat.
- Muttai milagu varuval or egg pepper masala is now ready to be served.