Muttaikose muttai poriyal recipe is a South Indian style scrambled eggs and cabbage stir fry. If you don’t like cabbage and love eggs, then this dish is for you.
You wouldn’t really guess that cabbage is part of this dish as both eggs and cabbage get blended in this recipe. And there is capsicum added to give a good crunch.
Do try this colorful egg recipe that tastes delicious with rice or rotis.
For other egg recipes do check out
Lets move on to the recipe for easy cabbage egg stir fry.
Cabbage Egg Fry | Muttaikose Muttai Poriyal Recipe
Muttaikose Muttai Poriyal recipe
- 1.5 cups shredded cabbage ( muttaikose )
- 1/4 cup chopped green capsicum ( bell pepper )
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 eggs ( muttai )
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp broken urad dal
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- A few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Beat the eggs and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Add chopped capsicum. Fry for a couple of minutes, till they turn little soft but still have the crunchiness. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and broken urad dal.
- Once mustard seeds splutter, add chopped onions, curry leaves and chopped green chillies.
- Saute till onions turn translucent.
- Now add shredded cabbage. Turn the flame to low. Cover and cook till cabbage turns soft, stirring at regular intervals.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and black pepper powder and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Toss in the cooked capsicum along with chopped tomatoes and beaten eggs.
- Keep stirring the mixture, scrambling the eggs in the process.
- Once the eggs get cooked, sprinkle garam masala powder. Fry for a minute and remove from heat.
- Muttaikose muttai poriyal is ready to be served!