Ammini Kozhukattai also known as mini / mani kozhukattai are steamed rice balls that are lightly spiced. They are made during the festival of Ganesh / Vinayaka Chaturthi.
If you already have some leftover dough when making the poornam kozukkatai / modak then you could use it to make these mini kozhukattai. They can be had as an evening snack and are healthier since they are only steamed.
Ammini Kozhukattai / Mani Kozhukattai | Ganesh Chaturthi Recipe
- Boil water along with salt and oil
- Once it boils, remove and add the rice flour, stir quickly till it forms a dough
- When it cools, knead the dough
- Grease your hand with oil and make small sized balls
- Steam these balls for 10-12 minutes. You would notice that the outer layer has turned shiny
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add asafoetida, urad dal, green chillies, curry leaves and turmeric powder and saute
- Add the mani kozhukattais, mix well and remove from heat
- You could garnish with grated coconut
- For a spicier version of this dish, you could mix idli milagai podi