Sweet corn sundal recipe– a simple and delicious sundal prepared using sweet corn. This is one of my favorite sundal recipes. Sundal is prepared with different legumes during the Navratri festival in South India.
While the traditional sundal varieties include pachai payaru sweet sundal | chickpea sundal | black chickpeas sundal, this recipe is a delightful variation, prepared with sweet corn. I guess everyone loves sweet corn. This sundal has sweet corn, lightly seasoned and tossed with fresh grated coconut. Kids will love it and it also makes for a healthy snack option. Do try this simple and easy sweet corn sundal recipe.
Sweet Corn Sundal recipe
A delicious sweet corn sundal recipe.
Cuisine: South Indian
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 green chilli
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- A few curry leaves
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- Salt to taste
- Steam the sweet corn and separate the corn kernels.
- Finely chop green chillies.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds splutter, add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Saute for a few seconds.
- Add the sweet corn kernels along with salt and stir.
- Finally add grated coconut and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Sweet corn sundal is ready to be served!