This recipe is an instant carrot pickle that is very easy to prepare. One of the most common pickle is the yummy mango pickle. As a variation, I wanted to try a vegetable pickle. Fresh carrots make for a wonderful pickle that can be served as a side dish for rice and rotis. Carrots are rich in Vitamin A and is good to be included in your diet for getting its nutritional benefits. You can check out other instant pickle recipes instant tomato pickle | instant mango pickle. When you have some fresh carrots do try this simple and easy instant carrot pickle recipe.
Instant Carrot Pickle Recipe
Instant Carrot Pickle
- 2 cups carrots chopped into julienes
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 red chilli
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek powder / methi powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- A few curry leaves
- 1 small lime
- 2 tbsp sesame oil / gingelly oil
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix chopped carrots with salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and methi seeds powder.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard splutters, add red chilli and curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning to the carrot mixture. Add lime juice and mix well.
- Store carrot pickle in an air-tight container and refrigerate. This needs to be consumed within 2 or 3 days.