Muttaikose carrot poriyal is a simple stir fry recipe using carrots and cabbage, spiced with black pepper. Cabbage and carrots make for a great flavor combination and also looks colorful. They are also high-fiber vegetables and great to have in your regular diet.
Its a mildly spiced dry curry, with no strong spices overpowering the dish. A quick dish to prepare, you could have it as a side dish for rice or rotis.
Cabbage Carrot Fry | Muttaikose Carrot Poriyal Recipe
Muttaikose Carrot Poriyal recipe
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- A few coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Grate carrots and shred cabbage.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, add chopped ginger and slit green chillies.
- Saute for a couple of seconds.
- Add cabbage and carrots along with salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add a little water, cover and cook till they turn soft.
- Once the vegetables get cooked, add the pepper powder and mix well.
- Mix in the chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve cabbage carrot fry as a side dish for rice or have it with chapatis or rotis.