Gobi matar recipe – an easy and delicious Indian spiced cauliflower and peas dry curry. This recipe has peas and cauliflower cooked with Indian spices and is simple to make. It is a good side dish for chapathis, parathas, phulkas and also rice. This is a no-onion no-garlic recipe. I enjoy stocking up on fresh peas and cauliflower that are widely available during this season. Fresh peas are always so much better in taste than the frozen ones, though separating the peas from their pods do take some time. So I end up making a variety of cauliflower and peas dishes. This gobi matar is one such side dish recipe that I ended up making a few days back for dinner.
This sabzi is a very simple and easy to make with the combination of cauliflower and peas absolutely delicious. Both peas and cauliflower are nutritious vegetables. Green peas are a great source of vitamin C and dietary fiber. Cauliflower too is a great source of both vitamin C and dietary fiber.
Lets move on to the recipe for easy gobi matar sabzi.
how to make gobi matar ki sabzi step by step
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seed and when they crackle, add minced ginger and saute for a couple of seconds.
- Then add cauliflower florets.
- Add all the spice powders along with salt.
- Mix the cauliflower with spices and fry for a minute.
- Then add green peas.
- Add water, cover the pan and let the curry simmer till the vegetables turn soft.
- When water has almost dried up, stir fry the sabzi on a high flame till there is no moisture left.
- Finally sprinkle garam masala powder and stir fry for a minute. Remove from heat. Gobi matar is now ready to be served with chapatis or rice.
Gobi Matar | Cauliflower Peas Dry Curry Recipe
Gobi Matar – Cauliflower Peas Dry Curry recipe
- 1 cup green peas / matar ( fresh or frozen )
- 2 cups cauliflower florets ( gobi )
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds ( jeera )
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger ( adrak )
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder ( dry mango powder )
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets. If using fresh peas, separate the peas from their pods. Wash the peas and cauliflower florets and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Add cumin seeds. When they change color to brown, add the minced ginger and saute for a couple of seconds.
- Then add the cauliflower florets. Sprinkle salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and amchur powder and mix well. Fry for a minute.
- Now add the green peas and mix well. Add 3/4 cup water. Cover the pan with a lid and let the sabzi simmer on a low flame for 10-12 minutes or till the peas turn soft.
- When the water has almost dried up, remove the lid and stir fry the sabzi on a high flame till the water has completely dried up. Finally sprinkle garam masala powder. Stir for a minute and remove from heat.
- Gobi matar sabzi is now ready to be served.