Paneer bhurji is scrambled cottage cheese with onions and tomatoes. It is a North Indian recipe that is served as a side dish for rotis or chapatis. Its such a simple and yet tasty recipe that needs very little preparation. If you are looking for a simple easy and quick fix dinner recipe then this is the recipe for you as you could prepare this dish in less than 15 minutes.
For vegetarians paneer is a great source of protein and calcium. Paneer bhurji could form a part of a healthy meal.
I have used home made paneer for this recipe. Check out the steps on how to make paneer at home.
Paneer Bhurji | Scrambled Cottage Cheese Recipe
Paneer Bhurji recipe
- 1 cup crumbled or grated paneer
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium-sized tomato
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- A few coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Chop the onion, tomato, garlic, ginger and green chilli finely.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add the chopped onions, garlic, ginger and green chilli.
- Saute till the onions turn soft.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes.
- Along with it add salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder.
- Fry till the tomatoes are mashed and the raw smell goes.
- Finally add the crumbled paneer and stir fry for 2 minutes till the paneer is coated with the masala.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve paneer bhurji hot with chapatis or rotis. You could also use this as a filling for sandwiches.