Mint and pomegranate raita recipe – a flavorful and refreshing raita using pomegranate seeds and fresh mint leaves with spices. This fruity raita is very easy to make and is a perfect accompaniment to any meal. Raitas are especially good when a meal is very spicy and I usually prepare it as a side dish for biryani, pulao or variety rice. It goes well with a combination of chapatis and any curry or roti and dal also. This raita is a quick one with the natural goodness of mint and pomegranate and is very colorful to look at.
Mint leaves give a nice refreshing taste to the raita while the pomegranate seeds give a tangy and sweet taste to the raita. The spices add a lovely flavor and the result is a delicious raita that is easy to make in minutes and healthy too. It tastes great when served chilled or you could use chilled yogurt when making the raita.
Pomegranates are a rich source of dietary fiber as well as vitamin C. Mint leaves are a great source of vitamin A as well as dietary fiber and also helps in digestion. Lets move on to the recipe for easy mint and pomegranate raita.
Mint and Pomegranate Raita | Anar Ka Raita Recipe
- 1/2 cup yogurt / thick curd / dahi
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds / anardana
- 2 tsp finely chopped mint leaves / pudina
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1/4 tsp black salt / rock salt
- 1/4 tsp finely chopped green chilli
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala powder
- Cut the pomegranate into two halves and gather the seeds in a bowl.
- Take curd in another bowl and whisk it till it turns smooth.
- De-seed the green chilli and finely chop it. If you want the raita spicy, there is no need to de-seed the chilli.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds in a pan till they slightly change color and remove from heat. Grind the roasted cumin seeds to a slightly coarse powder using a mortar and pestle.
- Add roasted cumin powder, black salt and chaat masala powder to the yogurt and mix well.
- Wash the mint leaves and finely chop them.
- Set aside a few pomegranate seeds for garnish and add the remaining pomegranate seeds and finely chopped mint leaves to the spiced yogurt and mix well. Garnish with the pomegranate seeds that you had set aside.
- Mint and pomegrante raita is ready to be served. You can also chill and serve it later.
how to make mint and pomegranate raita step by step
- Take curd in a bowl and whisk it till it turns smooth.
- Add the finely chopped green chilli, roasted cumin powder, black salt and chaat masala powder to the the yogurt and mix well.
- Set aside a few pomegranate seeds for garnish and add the remaining pomegranate seeds to the yogurt.
- Wash and finely chop fresh mint leaves and add it to the spiced yogurt and mix well.
- Mint and pomegrante raita is ready to be served. You can also chill it and serve it later.