Tomato and fresh basil leaves are the main ingredients for this simple salad. The aromatic herb basil is and is used very frequently in Italian cuisine. I did not roast the tomatoes much. But if you like, you could keep the tomatoes in the oven for a longer time till they shrink to a very small size.
Tomato and Basil Salad Recipe
Tomato and Basil Salad
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- A few basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Olive oil
- Cut the tomatoes lengthwise. Chop the garlic finely.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease the baking dish with a little olive oil. Place the tomatoes in the dish along with the chopped garlic. Place the basil leaves also on the tomatoes. Sprinkle salt on top and drizzle olive oil.
- Roast the tomatoes in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle some more oil if needed and sprinkle black pepper powder.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.