Bread dahi chaat recipe – an easy snack using bread and yogurt. This tangy and delicious chaat can be prepared very quickly. In this recipe toasted bread is dunked with yogurt and green chutney along with chaat masala powder which gives a tangy taste to the chaat. If you have green chutney available with you, you can assemble this chaat in less than 10 minutes.
Another bread chaat that I love to prepare is bread dahi vada. I have used white bread in this chaat. For a healthier version, use whole wheat bread or brown bread. You can use your leftover bread for this simple bread chaat. Check the recipe for green chutney which is a quick tangy chutney prepared with mint and coriander leaves. Next time you plan to make a quick bread snack do try this bread dahi chaat recipe.
Bread dahi chaat recipe
- 4 bread slices
- 1 cup dahi / curd / yogurt
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder ( adjust to taste )
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala powder
- 2 tbsp greeen chutney
- 1/2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Sev for garnishing
- Beat the curd till it becomes smooth.
- Toast the bread slices and cut each slice into 4 pieces.
- Arrange the toasted bread pieces on a serving plate in two layers.
- Pour the beaten curd to cover the bread slices.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on top.
- Then layer the green chutney.
- Sprinkle chaat masala powder and red chilli powder.
- Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves and sev.
- Bread dahi chaat is ready to be served.