Gobi 65 is a delicious crispy Indian cauliflower starter recipe. The most popular dish served in Indian restaurants would be dry gobi 65.
I have always wanted to try this recipe but kept postponing it as it has to be deep-fried.
I couldn’t stop myself when I saw the lone cauliflower sitting on the counter and finally made this yummy dish.
Gobi 65 can be served as a party appetizer or as a tea time snack or even as a side dish.
Cauliflower 65 | Gobi 65 | Easy Starter Recipe
Gobi 65 recipe
- 25-30 cauliflower ( gobi ) florets
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour ( maida )
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- A few curry leaves
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Clean and separate cauliflower into florets. Bring water to a boil and add the florets along with salt and turmeric powder. Let it cook for around 3-4 minutes or till the florets become slightly soft. Remove from heat and drain all the water.
- Take the cauliflower florets in a bowl.
- Add red chilli powder, crushed fennel seeds, coriander powder, ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt and mix well.
- Add cornflour and maida and mix well. Sprinkle water to just bind everything together. Make sure not to add too much water. Let this mixture marinate for around 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Deep fry the marinated florets on medium heat in small batches till they turn golden-brown and crisp.
- Finally, fry the curry leaves till they are crisp.
- Garnish gobi 65 with the fried curry leaves and serve it hot!.