Paneer sandwich is a simple sandwich with crumbled cottage cheese, onions and tomatoes filling. Nothing like a filling sandwich to begin a day and this paneer sandwich falls under this category. Its a protein rich sandwich recipe. Have it for breakfast along with a glass of fresh juice or have it as an evening snack with tea or coffee. This simple and easy to prepare sandwich recipe can be prepared in a jiffy when you are in a hurry. I have used home made paneer for this recipe. Check out the steps on how to make paneer at home.
Lets move on to the recipe for Paneer sandwich.
- 6 bread slices
- 1/2 cup crumbled / grated paneer
- 1 onion medium-sized
- 1 tomato medium-sized
- 1 green chilli
- 1/4 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- A few coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Chop onion, tomato and green chilli.
- Crumble / grate paneer.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds turn brown, add chopped onions, chopped green chilli and ginger paste.
- Saute till the onions turn soft. Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add in the salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Fry till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Now add the crumbled paneer and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and fry for a minute.
- Remove and keep this filling aside.
- Take a little of this filling and place it on a bread slice.
- Cover with another bread slice.
- You could toast the sandwich on a stove top or grill it.
- Serve paneer sandwich hot for breakfast or as an evening snack.