Roasted chickpeas / kabuli chana is a low-calorie and protein rich snack. They are quick to prepare and a healthy alternative to deep fried snacks. You need to just season and roast them. I am sure you would need to make a large batch of these since they are really addictive 🙂
Roasted Chickpeas | Baked Garbanzo bean Recipe
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder ( optional )
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Soak chickpeas in water overnight.
- Pressure cook them till they turn soft but not mushy.
- Drain the water completely and dry them using paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 220 C.
- In a bowl, mix chickpeas with oil, salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and toss.
- Bake this in the preheated oven at 220 C for around 30 - 40 mins. After 30 minutes keep checking to make sure that it doesn't get burnt.
- Once done, cool it to get the crunchy texture and store in an air-tight container.