Peanut ladoo recipe – a quick and delicious Indian sweet using peanuts. This peanut ladoo is very easy to make and kids will love to snack on them. I love peanuts either boiled, roasted or made into a sweet as in ragi peanut ladoo. This peanut ladoo has no refined sugar or jaggery and is instead naturally sweetened with dates. While ladoos are usually laced with ghee, this ladoo does not require ghee.
I usually don’t enjoy eating dates. Well, I decided to make a sweet instead which incorporated the dates and what better way than to add them to my favorite peanuts. These peanut dates balls are naturally sweet and soft in texture. I bet you can’t stop with eating just one. Dates are healthy fruits rich in dietary fiber and are a natural laxative. Peanuts are also healthy, being rich in proteins. Lets move on to the recipe for easy peanut ladoo.
step by step recipe for peanut ladoo
- Roast the peanuts in a pan on a medium-flame till they change color to golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool. Then remove the skin from the roasted peanuts.
- Grind the roasted peanuts and cardamom seeds to a fine powder consistency in a blender or mixer. Transfer to a bowl. Then grind the dates to a fine paste in the blender.
- Add the peanut-cardamom powder to the blended dates and again grind it to allow the dates to blend in with the peanut powder. Transfer to a bowl and make small balls with the palms of your hands.
- Peanut ladoo using dates is now ready to be served.
Peanut Ladoo Recipe
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts / groundnuts
- 1 cup chopped soft dates / khajoor
- 1 cardamom pod
- De-seed the dates if you are not using pitted dates. Roughly chop the de-seeded dates. Set it aside.
- Dry roast the peanuts in a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium-low flame til they change color to a golden brown.
- Remove from heat and transfer the roasted peanuts to a wide bowl. Let it cool down and then remove the skin of the roasted peanuts.
- Remove the cardamom seeds from the cardamom pod. Grind the roasted peanuts and cardamom seeds in a mixer. You will need to scrape the sides of the mixer jar and grinding the peanuts till you get a fine powder consistency.
- Transfer the peanut-cardamom powder to a small bowl.
- Now grind the chopped dates to a fine paste in the mixer.
- Add the peanut powder to the mixer and again grind to allow the dates and peanut mixture to blend together.
- Remove from the mixer jar to a bowl. Make small balls of the peanut and date mixture with the palms of your hands.
- Peanut ladoo is now ready to be served.