Here is an easy and delicious Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe. This simple muffin makes use of ripe bananans with mini chocolate chips. I was on the verge of making eggless mango muffins as mangoes are aplenty this season. But seeing the bananas almost overripe, I settled on making these banana choc chip muffins.
I love the flavor of bananas in cakes and muffins and the lovely aroma that fills the air when they are baked. These soft muffins are a breeze to make. I have not used butter in these muffins and you get the full flavor of bananas in each bite.
I guess bananas are a favorite with both kids and adults and they are also healthy. Bananas are rich in dietary fiber and potassium. They are a great source of vitamin B6. Lets move on to the easy recipe for banana chocolate chip muffins.
recipe for banana chocolate chip muffins
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour / maida
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C.
- Combine all-purpose flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Grease the muffin cups or line the muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add vegetable oil, vanilla and mashed bananas and mix well.
- Pour this in the center of the dry ingredients mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for around 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the muffins pan for 5 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Banana chocolate chip muffins are ready to be served.