Dry red chilli and tomato chutney is a spicy and tangy chutney recipe. It is a very simple and easy recipe that goes well as a side dish for dosa or idlis. The dry red chillies give this chutney a distinct flavor and makes it fiery hot.
Dry Red Chilli and Tomato Chutney Recipe
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 6-7 dry red chillies
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10-12 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add dry red chillies and fry till they change color.
- Then add chopped onions, chopped garlic and curry leaves.
- Saute till the onions turn light brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and salt.
- Fry till the raw smell of tomatoes goes and they become mashed and pulpy.
- Let this mixture cool and then blend it without adding any water.
- Serve it as a side dish for dosa or idli or any tiffin dishes.
- Adjust the number of dry red chillies depending on how spicy you want the chutney to be.