Dry red chilli and tomato chutney is a spicy and tangy chutney recipe. It is a very simple and easy recipe that goes well as a side dish for dosa or idlis. The dry red chillies give this chutney a distinct flavor and makes it fiery hot.
If you love spicy chutneys, this chutney too falls in that category. A mix of tangy and spicy taste makes it delicious. Lets move on to the recipe for easy red chilli and tomato chutney recipe.
Dry Red Chilli and Tomato Chutney Recipe
Dry Red Chilli and Tomato Chutney
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 6-7 dry red chillies
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10-12 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Add dry red chillies and fry till they change color.
- Then add chopped onions, chopped garlic and curry leaves.
- Saute till the onions turn light brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and salt.
- Fry till the raw smell of tomatoes goes and they become mashed and pulpy.
- Let this mixture cool and then blend it without adding any water.
- Serve dry red chilli and tomato chutney as a side dish for dosa or idli or any tiffin dishes.
- Adjust the number of dry red chillies depending on how spicy you want the chutney to be.