Methi egg bhurji recipe – quick and easy egg bhurji using fresh fenugreek leaves and spices with step by step pictures. This egg bhurji or Indian style scrambled eggs can be served for breakfast with bread or can be made as a side dish for rotis or rice.
In this recipe fresh aromatic methi leaves are added making this egg bhurji healthier and nutritious.
When I have to make a quick side dish for lunch or dinner to go with rotis or rice, egg bhurji comes in very handy.
With onions, tomatoes and spices, it makes for an easy and delicious accompaniment for a meal. Sometimes I even use it as a filling for sandwich for breakfast.
The addition of methi leaves makes egg bhurji healthier. Eggs have a great source of protein. Methi leaves are also nutritious being a rich source of iron as well as dietary fiber. This simple recipe is a great way to include fenugreek leaves.
Lets move on to the recipe for easy methi egg bhurji.
step by step recipe for methi egg bhurji
- Heat oil in a pan. Add jeera. Once it crackles, add chopped onions and fry.
- When onions turn soft, add chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for a minute.
- Add washed methi leaves. Cook till methi leaves wilt. Add the spice powders and salt.
- Mix well and cook for a minute. Then add beaten eggs.
- Mix well.
- Keep stirring continuously till eggs get cooked. Methi egg bhurji is now ready to be served.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup methi leaves / fenugreek leaves loosely packed
- 1 onion medium-sized
- 1 tomato medium-sized
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Pick the methi leaves and wash them thoroughly. Set it aside.
- Break each egg in a bowl. Beat the eggs well and set this aside.
- Finely chop the onion and tomato. Roughly chop the green chilli.
- Heat oil in a kadai / pan. Add cumin seeds.When cumin seeds slightly change color, add chopped onions. Fry till onions turn soft and translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic and green chilli. Fry for a minute.
- Then add finely chopped tomatoes. Cook for a minute.
- Now add the methi leaves. Cook till they wilt, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the spice powders and salt. Mix well and cook for another minute.
- Finally add the beaten eggs. Mix well. Keep stirring continuously till the eggs are scrambled.
- Once the eggs are cooked, removed from heat.
- Methi egg bhurji is ready to be served.