This is a simple instant tomato pickle that can be used as as a side dish for dosa or idli. The tangy taste of tomatoes is always a good accompaniment for dosas or idlis.
You could also use it as a side dish for curd rice.
Tomato Pickle ( Thakkali Pickle ) Recipe
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- A few curry leaves
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Make a puree of the tomatoes.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds and when they crackle, add curry leaves.
- Add the tomato puree with salt and red chilli powder.
- Keep frying till the raw smell of tomatoes goes and the oil starts floating.
- Refrigerate it and serve within 3-4 days.
The quantity of oil needs to be a little more since we dont add any water to this pickle.