Chilli soya chunks is a simple and tasty recipe made with protein-rich soy nuggets. Soya is a great meat substitute for vegetarians.
If you are looking for a healthy low-carb and low fat diet, soy chunks make a great choice.
Chilli Soya Chunks Recipe
- 1 cup soya chunks / meal maker
- 1 onion, medium-sized
- 1 capsicum / bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1.5 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Switch off the flame. Add the soya chunks and let this remain covered for around 1/2 hour.
- Drain the water. Squeeze out water from the soya chunks, using your hands, and keep it aside.
- Chop onion finely. Slice capsicum into strips. Chop green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and garlic paste.
- Saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Now add capsicum and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add soya sauce, tomato ketchup and vinegar along with salt.
- Add the cooked soya chunks and mix it well.
- Let this cook for a couple of minutes and serve hot.