Bread dahi vada recipe is a delicious low-fat and guilt-free snack. This simple and easy no-cook dish can be assembled in just 10 minutes or less. There is nothing like cool yogurt to beat the summer heat. This recipe uses just bread and yogurt along with carrots and a sprinkling of spices. Chaat masala gives a tangy flavor to this dish. Yogurt which is one of the main ingredients in this recipe is rich in protein and calcium with a lot of nutritional benefits. It is good to include it in our diet on a regular basis. I use whole wheat bread or brown bread sometimes to make this dish healthy.
This dish is basically a guilt-free version of the most popular North Indian street food dahi vada in which lentil dumplings that are deep fried and then soaked in a tangy yogurt sauce. There is no deep frying involved or even cooking and yet it tastes delicious. If you love yogurt then this dish is for you. Even kids will love it. Make sure that the yogurt used is not sour.
For another bread based quick snack check out quick bread dahi chaat
Lets move on to the recipe for instant bread dahi vada.
Bread Dahi Vada
- 4 slices white bread / brown bread
- 1 cup yogurt / thick curd / dahi
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp jeera / cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp kala namak / black salt
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp grated carrot
- Coriander leaves / cilantro for garnishing
- Sev for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Beat yogurt with salt and sugar till it is smooth and keep aside.
- Remove the crusts from the bread slices. Then cut each bread slice into 4 squares.
- Dip each of the bread squares in milk and arrange it on a serving dish, placing 2 bread squares on top of each other.
- Cover the bread slices with beaten yogurt.
- Sprinkle cumin powder, red chilli powder, black salt and chaat masala on top.
- Garnish with grated carrots, chopped coriander leaves and sev.
- Bread dahi vada is ready to be served.
Sending this to Padmajha’s know your dairy-yogurt originally hosted by Jagruthi, Preeti’s kid’ s delight originally hosted by Srivalli, Mireille’s what’s with my cuppa originally hosted by Nupur, Anusha’s and Radhika’s kitchen in spring events.