This is a quick and easy creamy oats and carrot kheer recipe. Orange carrots give this kheer a natural vibrant look that is so typical of most of Indian sweets. The goodness of oats and carrots combined together in this dessert make this a healthy one.
Oats are rich in fiber and high in protein while carrots are a rich source of vitamin A and are high-fiber vegetables. While on the topic of carrots, an interesting fact is that there are red, orange, purple, yellow and white varieties of carrots. Well, i am familiar only with the orange and red varieties.
Coming to this kheer recipe, you could prepare this dish in 15 minutes and it tastes yummy. For another quick and easy Indian dessert with oats check out oats peanut ladoo recipe. So the next time you are planning on serving an easy and quick dessert for any special occasion or just to indulge yourself with a sweet treat, do try out this oats carrot kheer recipe.
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cardamom pod
- 2-3 almonds
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast oats till the raw smell goes and you get a good aroma.
- Peel the carrot and grate it.
- Crush the cardamom pod to a powdery consistency. Alternatively you can use cardamom powder.
- Add the grated carrots to the milk in a pan.
- Let this boil on medium low flame till the carrots get cooked.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Now add the roasted oats and let this cook for 3-4 minutes till the oats get cooked.
- Remove from heat and garnish with blanched almonds.
- Oats carrot kheer is ready to be served warm!