Banana chocolate marble cake recipe – an easy and delicious marble cake using bananas and cocoa powder. Bananas and chocolate make for a lovely combination in this cake.
For me marble cakes are a fun way to bring together a combination of flavors. The best part is you swirl the batter and then wait patiently for the cake to bake to see lovely patterns that emerge when you slice the cake.
When I have ripe bananas, I love baking banana yogurt cake or when in the mood for a chocolate cake I bake butterless moist chocolate cake. Combining the flavors of both bananas and chocolate, I settled on baking this marble cake.
Overripe bananas work best for this recipe. When you have some overripe bananas, do try this easy banana chocolate marble cake recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour / maida
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp milk
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Combine all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Take sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl.
- Beat with a mixer till well blended.
- Add mashed bananas, milk and vanilla extract and beat using the mixer till blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Take 1/4 cup of this batter in a small bowl.
- Add cocoa powder and mix well.
- Transfer the remaining batter into a greased 8-inch baking pan.
- Drop blobs of the cocoa batter onto the white batter in the pan.
- Using a knife, swirl the cocoa batter to create a marble effect.
- Bake at 180 deg C for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake over a wire rack.
- Banana chocolate marble cake is ready to be served.