Cumin cookies are savory cookies with a hint of sweetness. I use cumin seeds generally for seasoning dals and sabzis.
Here I have used these in these cookies that are made with whole wheat flour. They are bursting with the flavor of cumin in each bite.
The cookies are delicious and a delight to munch on with a hot cup of tea / coffee! Do try this easy whole wheat flour eggless cumin cookies recipe.
Whole Wheat Cumin Cookies | Eggless Jeera Biscuits Recipe
Eggless Cumin Cookies – Whole Wheat Jeera Cookies recipe
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour ( atta )
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour ( maida )
- 1 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds ( jeera )
- 1/2 cup + 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cumin seeds, salt, sugar, baking soda and oil.
- Add milk gradually and knead the dough.
- Keep kneading till you get a smooth dough that is not sticky.
- Roll out the dough thick on a floured surface.
- Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter or use a bottle lid to cut out round shapes.
- Place the cookies on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool the cumin cookies and serve them or store in an air-tight container.