Eggless chocolate cake is a delicious soft vegan chocolate cake recipe that has no butter or eggs. I love chocolate cakes and usually bake butterless moist chocolate cake. I wanted to try an eggless version of chocolate cake and baked this eggless butterless chocolate cake with cocoa powder. Its a soft cake and you couldn’t tell that it has no eggs. Do try this simple and easy eggless chocolate cake recipe that tastes delicious.
Eggless Butterless Chocolate Cake | Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
Eggless chocolate cake recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add oil, vanilla, lemon juice and water.
- Mix together till there are no lumps in the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 180 deg C for around 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in pan on a wire rack.
- White vinegar can be substituted for the lemon juice