Bread poha recipe – a quick and easy breakfast recipe using bread. If you have some leftover bread slices and need to prepare a quick breakfast, then this bread poha is the recipe for you. I think bread is one of the most versatile ingredients. You could prepare an array of sandwiches or chaats or even sweets.
When it comes to a quick breakfast, snack or dinner, you can always heave a sigh of relief on seeing the bread loaf sitting on your kitchen countertop. This recipe is one of those quick-fix recipes using bread. A light, quick and simple recipe for the mad rush days. 2 or 3 days old bread is best for this dish.
I have used white bread, but go ahead and use brown bread or whole wheat bread for a healthier version. Check out bread recipes for other bread dishes that I have already posted. If you are looking for a quick breakfast or snack option, do try this bread poha recipe.
- 5-6 slices of bread
- 1 onion, small
- 1 tomato, medium-sized
- 3 tbsp green peas, cooked ( optional )
- 2 green chillies, slit
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- A few curry leaves
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop onion and tomato. Slit the green chilies lengthwise.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds splutter, add onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Saute till onions turn translucent.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes along with salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Let this cook for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the bread slices into small bite-sized cubes.
- Add this to the pan along with the cooked peas and mix.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tbsp of water and mix well to coat the bread slices with the masala.
- Stir for around 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Bread poha is ready to be served!