Coconut chutney recipe is a simple and easy chutney that is made with fresh grated coconut. Any South Indian breakfast is typically served with coconut chutney and sambar.
Do check out coriander coconut chutney, that I have already posted, which is another variation to this chutney.
Coconut Chutney / Thengai Chutney / Nariyal ki Chutney Recipe
Coconut Chutney recipe
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 2 tbsp roasted gram / pottukadalai / roasted chana dal
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- A few curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Grind grated coconut, green chillies, roasted gram to a smooth paste, by adding little water.
- Transfer contents to serving bowl and add required amount of salt.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add curry leaves and saute for a few seconds.
- Add this seasoning to the chutney and mix well.
- You can adjust the consistency of the chutney by adding water as per your liking.
- Serve coconut chutney with idli, ven pongal, dosa, upma or any other south indian tiffin.