Kothamalli Thengai Chutney or Coriander Coconut Chutney recipe – fresh green chutney where fragrant cilantro leaves are blended with coconut.
It is a simple and easy chutney.
This chutney can be prepared quickly and the flavor and fragrance of fresh coriander leaves makes it a tasty one.
Cilantro Coconut Chutney | Kothamalli Thengai Chutney Recipe
Coriander Coconut Chutney recipe
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tbsp roasted gram ( pottukadalai / dalia )
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp broken urad dal ( ulutham paruppu )
- A few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Grind coconut, chopped coriander, roasted gram, green chillies and salt together into a fine paste, adding little water.
- For the seasoning, heat 1/2 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add urad dal and curry leaves.
- When urad dal turns brown, switch off the stove.
- Add the seasoning to the chutney and mix well.
- Serve coriander coconut chutney with dosa or idli or south indian tiffin varieties.