Keerai mor kootu recipe is a simple South Indian style gravy of greens in spiced yogurt. Its a very easy and quick curry to make. Here I prepared this dish with arai keerai.
You could use other varieties of greens like mulai keerai, siru keerai or palak / spinach. It is served as an accompaniment for rice.
Do check out other yogurt based curries
Do try this simple and easy keerai mor kootu recipe.
Keerai Mor Kootu Recipe
Keerai Mor Kootu recipe
- 2.5 cups chopped keerai ( greens )
- 2 cups yogurt ( curd / thayir )
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 2-3 dry red chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds ( jeera )
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 dry red chilli
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tsp oil
- A few curry leaves
- Pick the leaves of the greens, wash thoroughly and chop them finely.
- Cook the greens with little water and keep aside.
- Beat the yogurt and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, grind the grated coconut, red chillies and cumin seeds to a fine paste by adding little water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds crackle, red chilli, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Saute for a minute. Then add the ground paste and cooked greens along with salt.
- Let this cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Remove from heat and let this cool down.
- Then add the beaten yogurt and mix well.
- Keerai moru kootu is now ready to be served with rice.