This is a simple and quick North Indian curry recipe made with a medley of vegetables. I prepared the curry as a side dish for jeera rice. It tastes equally good with rotis or chapathis.
This is a healthy curry recipe as it has a lot of vegetables and also tastes good. Lets move on to the recipe for easy mixed vegetable curry.
Mixed Vegetable Curry Recipe
Mixed Vegetable Curry recipe
- 1 cup chopped beans, carrot
- 1 capsicum / bell pepper
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 onion, medium-sized
- 4 tomatoes, medium-sized
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Blend 3 tomatoes into a paste.
- Chop the remaining tomato into quarters.
- Chop onion and garlic finely. Cut the potatoes and capsicum into cubes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add chopped onions and garlic.
- Saute till the onions turn light brown.
- Now add the tomato paste along with salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes. Then add chopped beans, carrot, potatoes and capsicum.
- Saute for 2 minutes. Add garam masala powder and amchur powder.
- Add a cup of water and pressure cook for around 3 whistles.
- Once the pressure releases, remove the curry to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Mixed vegetable curry is ready to be served hot with rice or rotis.