Palak anda / spinach egg curry recipe is an Indian style curry of boiled eggs in a spinach gravy. I had a bunch of palak leaves and was on the verge of making chole palak but settled on trying out this gravy which turned out delicious. I love the vibrant green color of this gravy.
Spinach and eggs make for a healthy combination. Spinach is rich in iron and is a good source of Vitamin A and dietary fiber. Eggs are a great source of protein. This curry can be served with rotis, naan or rice.
Lets see how to make palak anda curry or spinach egg curry.
Spinach Egg Curry recipe
Palak anda or spinach egg curry – Indian style curry of boiled eggs in a spinach gravy.
- 3 eggs
- 1 bunch palak / spinach leaves
- 1 onion medium-sized
- 2 green chillies
- 2 small tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece ginger
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- 1 dry red chilli ( optional )
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Boil the eggs and remove the shells from the boiled eggs and set aside.
- Wash the spinach leaves and then blanch the washed spinach leaves.
- For blanching the spinach, bring enough water to boil in a pan. Add the leaves to the boiling water and let it boil for a minute. Then remove from heat and dunk the leaves in ice cold water. Let it remain for a couple of minutes. Drain the water.
- Puree blanched spinach along with green chillies and ginger.
- Meanwhile finely chop onion, tomatoes and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cinnamon, dry red chilli ( if you are including it ) and cumin seeds.
- When cumin seeds change color, add the chopped onions and garlic.
- Saute till onions turn light brown in color.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry it till it becomes soft and mashed.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder.
- Mix well and fry for a few seconds.
- Then add the pureed spinach along with 1/2 cup water.
- Let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Make 2-3 slits lengthwise on each of the boiled eggs. Slide in the eggs into the gravy.
- Let the gravy simmer for 5-6 minutes and remove from heat.
- Palak anda gravy is ready to be served with rotis, naan or rice.