Pomegranate Milkshake recipe is a healthy and delicious milkshake using pomegranates. This milkshake is perfect for summer time when we incline to have light meals. I love the color and flavor of pomegranates and try to incorporate it in some dishes just like I have done for curd poha and pomegranate raita. I have been wanting to try out pomegranate milkshake and when I finally made it, I was absolutely delighted by the taste and flavor that it has. A simple and easy milkshake to prepare, I served it for breakfast.
Apart from the lovely color and flavor that they provide, pomegranates are one of the most nutritious fruits. They are rich in vitamin C and a good source of calcium and iron. They are also a great source of dietary fiber. They improve blood flow to the heart and also strengthen the immune system.
With all the health benefits it has, its no wonder that pomegranate is known as a super fruit. Do try this easy and healthy pomegranate milkshake recipe.
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds ( 1 medium-sized pomegranate )
- 2 cups chilled milk
- 2 tbsp sugar ( or as per taste )
- Cut the pomegranate and remove the seeds in a bowl. Discard the inner white membranes of the pomegranate.
- Place the pomegranate seeds in a blender and pulse it a few times to allow the juice to get released from the seeds. Dont blend it too long otherwise the juice would turn bitter.
- Strain the juice and discard the seeds.
- Add milk and sugar to the extracted pomegranate juice and again blend it.
- Transfer the milkshake to serving glasses.
- Pomegranate milkshake is ready to be served.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to make it even more rich and creamy.