Cauliflower mutta thoran recipe is a combination of scrambled eggs with cauliflower and grated coconut. This Kerala style stir fry is a simple dish that you could serve as an accompaniment to steamed rice or with chapatis.
It is a great way to add some vegetables to an egg curry. The combination of cauliflower and eggs is delicious with the coconut adding to the flavor.
Cauliflower Mutta Thoran | Cauliflower Egg Thoran | Cauliflower Egg Stir Fry Recipe
Cauliflower Mutta Thoran recipe
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion, small
- 2 green chillies
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- A pinch of asafoetida
- A few curry leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Chop cauliflower florets roughly and boil them in sufficient water with salt and turmeric powder till they are cooked.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Chop onion and ginger finely.
- Beat the eggs in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When mustard seeds splutter, add chopped onions, ginger, chopped green chillies and curry leaves
- Saute till onions turn translucent.
- Now add the cooked cauliflower and grated coconut along with turmeric powder. Add some salt (we have already cooked the cauliflower with salt).
- Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Then add beaten eggs to this and keep stirring till eggs are cooked.
- Cauliflower mutta thoran is ready to be served hot with rice or rotis.