Here is a simple and quick oats and peanuts ladoo recipe with sugar. These are melt in your mouth kind of ladoos that taste delicious. Don’t most of us enjoy nutty peanuts especially when it is roasted. Peanuts give a delicious twist to the otherwise bland oatmeal and the cardamom gives a lovely flavor to these ladoos.
The best part about this sweet is that you could prepare it in less than 20 minutes. Both oats and peanuts being rich in protein, this is a healthy ladoo recipe. Apart from rava ladoo this is another ladoo recipe that has become my favorite. If you are planning to prepare a quick and easy diwali sweet do try this simple and easy oats peanuts ladoo recipe.
Oats Laddu | Oats and Peanut Ladoo Recipe
Oats Peanut Ladoo recipe
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup peanuts ( groundnuts )
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee ( or clarified butter )
- 2 cardamom pods ( elaichi / elakkai )
- Dry roast oats in a pan, in medium flame, till the raw smell goes and you get a good aroma.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- In the same pan dry roast the peanuts. Once it cools down, remove the skin from the roasted peanuts.
- Grind the skinned peanuts, roasted oats, sugar and cardamom seeds to a fine powdery consistency.
- Transfer the contents to a wide bowl.
- Melt the ghee and add it to the oats and peanuts mixture.
- Mix well and while the mixture is still warm, prepare the ladoos.
- Take as small portion of the mixture and using your palm, press it firmly to shape small balls.
- Continue this for the remaining mixture.
- Oats Peanuts ladoo is ready to be served or transfer them to an air-tight container.
- Make sure you don’t overroast the oats.