Instant mango pickle is a quick fresh mango pickle recipe prepared with raw green mangoes. During summer, the one most abundantly available fruit is mango and people make jars of raw mango pickle (aam ka achar) that can be used during the whole year.
This instant mango pickle is one that can be prepared quickly but cannot be stored for so long.
You need to refrigerate it if you want to use it for more than a day. It tastes yummy and is a good side-dish for rice especially curd rice. Do try this simple and easy instant mango pickle.
Lets move on to the recipe for instant mango pickle.
Instant Mango Pickle Recipe
Instant Mango Pickle
- 1 raw mango / kaccha aam / manga
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida / hing
- A few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Cut the raw mango into small pieces along with the skin.
- In a bowl, mix the chopped mango along with salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Heat little oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and when they crackle, add hing and curry leaves.
- Pour this seasoning on the chopped mango pieces and mix well.
- Instant mango pickle is ready to be served with rice.
- You need to refrigerate the pickle if used for more than one day.