I love roti rolls / wraps as they are fun to have at times when bored of eating rotis with a curry. What better way to add nutrition to the already nutritious whole wheat rotis? yes..it is adding legumes and here I have used red kidney beans in this rajma roti wrap.
Kidney beans are a good source of cholesterol lowering fiber, protein, iron and Vitamin K. These rolls are best enjoyed when served hot. So go ahead and give it a try.
Rajma Roti Wrap | Kidney Beans Roti Wrap Recipe
Rajma Roti Wrap recipe
- 4 whole wheat rotis / chapatis
- 1 cup rajma / red kidney beans
- 1 onion, large
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- A few coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
For the rajma filling
- Soak rajma overnight and the next day, pressure cook it till it turns soft.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and when they change color, add chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute till the onions turn brown.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder.
- Fry till the tomatoes get mashed and the raw smell goes.
- Then add the cooked rajma and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Finally sprinkle amchur powder and garam masala powder and add the chopped coriander leaves, mix well and turn off the heat.
For assembling the wrap
- Just before serving, heat a roti on a gridle / tava for a few seconds.
- Remove from gridle. Place a little of the filling in the middle of the roti and roll the roti tightly to form the wrap.
- Serve hot with a tissue or butter paper wrapped on the lower portion of the roti.